Like all HTML templates, you will need to manually handle all of the updates that we provide for free after purchase. The best practice is to always keep Dashly's source folder in an entirely separate folder within your project and then use Dashly as a development companion or support.
Each update should be used independently without mixing it with previous versions. This is because new updates may not have a 100% backward compatibility for elements within previous versions. Therefore, each update is considered as a new and better version of the theme.
Here's our recommended steps to update Dashly effectively:
- Backup all your files (your project folder and Dashly's older version).
- Review Dashly's changelog for a quick preview of what has been updated.
- Unzip the latest version of Dashly and then browse through the elements that you have used on your project (layout, components, plugins, etc).
npm installtask to update 3rd party plugins with their latest versions using
- Manually compare and replace the
srcfolder's code with the latest version of Dashly code by using code compare tools.
- Don't override your modifications with the new code in the package!
- Save and test your project files with Dashly's updated elements.
If something goes wrong you can revert using your backup files.